Sunday, March 7, 2010

Project No. 2 .. is complete

Last night I made these very cute "Tea Cup Pincushions" out of some fabric I had left over and two cups that were originally candle holders. I "googled" the best and easiest way to get the candle wax out of the cup.  Thank goodness for Google...

And it turns out that the best way to get the wax out of any container is to place in the freezer for at least an hour, and then it just comes out...easy peasy...

Another reason for making the pincushions is that when I sew I have a bad habit of putting the pins in my shirt, then I forget about them and when I take my shirt off I end up scratching myself.

If you are interested the tutorial for the pincushion is on "my favourite project list" on my blog. I'm going to hunt out a vintage tea cup from our local Thrift shop, get some matching fabric and make one for Mothers Day.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP