Friday, March 30, 2012

There's a change in the air...

While all my Northern Hemisphere blogging friends are starting to enjoy some warmer weather, and the first signs of Spring are starting to begin, here in New Zealand things are starting to cool down.
There are no more warm, balmy breezes or nights sitting out on the verandah watching the sunset.

The mornings are dark, and the evenings are closing in. The next few weeks will mean weekends spent getting the garden ready for Winter, and getting firewood stacked.

Autumn is officially here, and the signs are everywhere. Here are a few photos from our neighbourhood.

Leaves are changing colour and falling...


Trees are already bare..


And all sorts of mushrooms and toadstools are popping up..

Even the new growth is changing..
 Have a great weekend everyone ...

Angela xx

6 comments:

Melissa

Great shots as always Angela.
Did it feel like you got a decent summer?
It's been raining pretty constantly here in Boise.
Kinda reminds me of NZ.

Rochelle@AFamilyofLooneys

You have a great weekend too my friend.

Inger-M

I agree, the opposite seasons are strange - funny - amazing? At least your winters are not as cold as ours, in fact I suspect your winters are more or less like our summers :-)) I need to move south...
Great series of shots!

Suz

oh dear, how well I remember your joy at the coming spring
...wish us well
and here's a good wish for a good Autumn for you

gtyyup

It's hard for me to grasp the "other side" of the world when I'm so focused on my present. It's there, but I'm so living in my present that I don't realize what's going on in the rest of the world...a benefit of the internet to be able to see what's going on in everyone else's part of the world!

Evette Mendisabal

Mum, that toadstool shot is AMAZING!!! You need to remember that one for camera club! It's divine!!

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP