Thursday, May 20, 2010

ABC of Pictures - Letter W

W is for.....   Winter
As much as I hate to admit it, Autumn is finishing and Winter has started to make herself felt..
Not with a vengence, but with subtle touches like these:



 The trees are bare..


The fog lingered around until lunch time, there was no sun at all today, it is damp, cloudy and cold.
Cold enough for this to happen..

Which led to this..
I had to get my "comfy cardy" out and wear it. You know, that piece of clothing that you just can't bring yourself to get rid of. Mine just so happens to be this wonderful knitted cardigan "Circa 1985."
It has great pockets, for holding all sorts of things when I am working around the house e.g. pegs, string, tissues (especially tissues) . It is long enough to keep my back warm when I am weeding or pruning, and wide enough for me to wrap around myself.

My "Comfy Cardy" has been ridiculed by my family, and I am under strict instructions not to wear it out in public. Although I have been tempted, after all I have seen people in the supermarket wearing their pyjamas for goodness sake.

So, please tell me that out there somewhere there are more of you like me!! Does anyone else have a "Comfy" anything that they just can't get rid of?




7 comments:

Anonymous

Bain cardy bain cardy.....bain of my existence

Evette Mendisabal

LOL Sam, that's too funny!

Ummm, Jared has comfy socks that some crazy family keeps sending him for Christmas and brithday's. It doesn't matter that he gets two new pair of "Comfy Socks" every year, the ones with the holes still manage to find their way back to his other socks.

Evette Mendisabal

Oh and BTW Mum, I don't think those are very "subtle touches" that just looks down right cold!

Melissa

Hey thanks for checking in on my blog and commenting.
I appreciate it.
Sorry it seems to be getting cooler.
It getting pretty hot over here.

cathycan

I want a cardy! I end up wrapping a fluffy throw from the couch around my shoulders, after first, wrestling it from the cat!

cathycan

oh, the Spanish was just construction talk:
"I think this should go a little lower"
nothing political : )

Annie Jeffries

Hello nana - I love winter. It's my favorite time of year. Your lovely misty/foggy image below reminds me of our winters. I'm rapidly approaching summer and not happy about it at all. Triple digits (farenheit) are not unusual. I would trade places with you if I could.

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP